Full Stack Drupal Developer
Low&Behold are looking for an experienced Drupal Developer to join their Development team.
The role is fully remote as many of the existing team members are distributed across the UK, however we have offices in Birmingham and Carlisle which you would be more than welcome to use as part of hybrid working.
As the successful candidate, you will lead greenfield projects, propose solutions to client’s problems and help maintain our current portfolio of website and web applications. You’ll be focused on delivering secure, high-quality code primarily in Drupal with a keen awareness of budget and time requirements.
We’re proud of our work, record of success and passion for delivering industry leading products. As a team of ten we support each other through collaboration, feedback, and mentorship and you’ll be expected to bring your knowledge to collaboratively improve standards, processes and help us grow.
- Lead development for new Drupal builds and the re-factoring or re-platforming of existing applications.
- Understand client requirements and provide appropriate development, code and technical solutions.
- Produce well-architected, high-quality, maintainable software aligned with our development standards.
- Help evolve and improve our development standards company-wide.
- Liaise with clients and other third parties to provide the service they require.
- Influence the team throughout the software project lifecycle.
- Maintain the quality of your own code whilst monitoring the output of others and providing feedback and suggestions when appropriate.
- Work with our business development people to provide technical input for quotes and proposals.
- Write and review functional specifications and other documentation as required.
- Provide accurate time estimates and costs for new business quotes and proposals.
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders to drive project progress.
- Identify and manage risks to successful delivery.
- Communicate effectively with project teams and management.
- Several years solid hands-on experience completing software builds in Drupal including deep expertise in Drupal versions 7 onwards.
- Experience and demonstrable expertise in:
- Front and Back end development, building web-based software in Drupal.
- Drupal multisite.
- Use and understanding of contributed modules.
- Development of bespoke modules and API integrations.
- SQL based database design and optimisation.
- Caching principles and CDN use.
- Continuous Integration and Version Control with Git.
- Secure coding techniques.
- Performance optimisation.
- Object Oriented software development and design patterns.
- I18N and L10N.
- Experience having refactored larger legacy applications.
- Expertise in PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel.
- Experience architecting for and deploying to cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Platform.sh, Heroku.
- Experience with Dev Ops and hosting.
- Understanding of Accessibility requirements and impacts.
- Experience creating project plans alongside Project Managers.
- Experience creating architecture and data diagrams and other technical documentation.
The type of person we expect will suit this role
- Ability to work as part of a remotely dispersed team.
- Ability to provide feedback and mentorship of others.
- Good communication ability – written and verbal – in English.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once whilst also prioritising your own workload and time.
- Attention to detail.
- Pride taking responsibility for the quality of your work.
- Knowledge of the commercial cost implications of time spent on projects.
- Interest in the development and expertise of others.
- The right to live and work in the UK.