PPC Paid Media Manager
Birmingham or Remote
The focus of the role is to lead and develop a team of paid media specialists across paid media, including, but not limited to Google Ads and paid social. In the role, you’ll be taking responsibility for building plans and delivering results, either on standalone campaigns or as part of integrated activity. You will be accountable for the team’s performance both internally and to client stakeholders.
Working alongside the Client Management & Planning teams you will be liaising with our clients as the subject matter expert. You will lead the paid media strategy, keep the business on top of emerging paid channels, and develop talent and best practices within the team.
You and your team will advise on, create, and implement ad campaigns for our clients across various industries (including tightly regulated markets such as healthcare and financial services), both in the UK and internationally.
Passionate. You must love paid media and the power it can have in brand performance. Leading a team means you should be people centred, and take satisfaction in leading and coaching a team, enabling them to both grow and succeed.
Experienced. We would expect that you are an experienced, paid media practitioner with 5+ years’ practise in performance roles and be happy ‘on the tools’ leading by doing and showing – across paid search and paid social. Experience and understanding of SEO and Organic Social is a bonus as you will work closely with the teams in this area. You will have sound knowledge of campaign planning using online and offline techniques.
Adaptable. Overseeing a varied client bases requires an assortment of skills– you may be leading strategy meetings, reviewing campaign analytics, exploring how to best apply ML or AI to our solutions or coaching team members on how to be better media managers. Being able to wear many hats is a must!
Strategic. You must be capable and confident to push the limits both in strategy and solutions / implementation. You will be happy supporting the sales team and client teams in sales environments, being the senior subject matter expert and inspire confidence with clients, prospects and colleagues alike. Problem solving and firefighting when needed.
- Deeply curious with the ability to interrogate, improve and respond to client briefs
- A holistic knowledge of all paid media (PPC / Social / Programmatic) channels and platforms
- Time served in paid media management and advisory roles including PPC (Google – Search & Shopping / Bing), Social (Meta / YouTube / Twitter / LinkedIn / Snapchat / TikTok / Pinterest & more) or Programmatic (Google Display & more)
- A good understanding of tracking implementation and associated digital marketing tools including Google Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and similar tools
- Experience with B2B and B2C brands
- Experience in managing budgets and communicating ROI
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly Analytical and logical, with good knowledge of Google Data Studio or similar reporting and visualisation tools
- Google Certified
- Facebook Certified
- Audience planning and targeting
- Organic social
Key benefits for this role include:
- Optional 9 day working fortnight option, giving you a long weekend every other week!
- 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank Hols based on 5 day week)
- Death in Service Cover
- Discretionary bonus scheme